Saturday, September 8, 2012

My Latest Tag


This is my newest tag! I created this tag a couple of days ago and it was super simple! The background is made from distress inks and the images were just stamps stamped with Black Archival Ink! but you could change this tag and make it you own in many ways. like you could emboss the butterflys with black embossing powder or, you could change the distress ink colors in the background! there are a million possibilities!! i will show you how i created this tag!


I started with a blank tag from ranger, and 3 colors of distress ink in Broken China, Barn Door and Peeled Paint.


I took the Distress Inks and put them on my craft sheet. Then I sprayed some water on the Inks and dipped the tag in the Ink, and swirled it around to get a cool marbled effect. The first layer of ink wasn't very bold, so i built up the color by using my blending tool dipped in the color of ink that wasnt very bright, and added more color to the tag until i liked the way it looked. I learned this technique from Tim Holtz, of course! If you want to check out the video that I watched, to learn this technique, click here!


These are the stamps that I used! All 3 of the butterflys are from the Martha Stewart Embossing Stamp Set that I purchased from Micheals. and the other 2 stamps are from a stamp set I got from Micheals as well. but unfortunatley, I dont remember what that set is called because i threw the package away. I then Stamped all the images down on the tag using Black Archival Ink.


 
 


Then I took some twine and made it into a bow, and glued it on! So now, its pretty much finished! its all about final details!




I took some Vintage Photo Distress Ink and distressed the tag around the edges.  I also distressed the edges with a paper distresser. And were done! So this was a pretty easy tag to accomplish! I hope you guys try to make a simpler tag, but "bling" it up and make it look amazing!

Heres a picture of all the products I used!



All of the inking techniques that I used on this tag are from and can be explained alot better by the amazing Tim Holtz! You can check out some video tutorials on the ink techinque on Tim Holtz's Youtube Channel or you could check out Tim Holtz's Blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment