Monday, July 8, 2013

12 Tags of 2013- July!!

hello everyone!! so this months tag is very patriotic! I loved the idea of putting crackle under the distress stain! I think the final effect looked really cool! and the brayer technique was just pure genius and I have already used it on some of my other projects!
 
so this is my tag and I thought the final effect turned out pretty cool!
 
the first thing I did was to die cut the old glory die and paint it with rock candy crackle paint
 
 
then I used barn door and salty ocean distress stain with a brayer and rolled it on the tag just like Tim did to his tag
 


then I went around the edges with vintage photo and walnut stain distress ink. this is what it looked like at this stage


 
then I used the same distress stain over the flag and stars then its all about embellishments and finishing touches and your done! to glue on the stars and the flag I used foam dots.
 



 
 
 
thanks for reading!! subscribe to this blog to get updates on new posts and be sure to check out my other blog that can be found in my links under my banner. it has a lot of DIY'S  and ect. stuff:)
 
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayla, yes that brayer technique is great isn't it, I can see that one becoming a favourite with lots of us! Great Tim tag, love the stitching detail on your tape. Thanks for your visit MMx

    ReplyDelete