Wednesday, October 30, 2013

12 Tags of 2013- October!

hello everyone!! So I'm not going to lie I struggled a little bit with this months tag.. I couldn't get the products I had to "work" with Tim's techniques. After I tried a lot of different ways to make all the cool glittered pieces work.. I couldn't get it to look quite right... so I " improvised" I needed to get a tag up this month and with one day left in October I'm finally getting it up! so here we go... my Halloween tag!

 
So as you can see I used to "funky" items that I don't normally use in my daily use haha
 
for the background I went with the old fashioned distress ink in Dusty concord, iced spruce and black soot
 
I then glued on some letters from idea-ology along the left side of the tag
 
 
 
then I took a tiny glass bottle from idea-ology and I put some clear glue in the bottle. then I added some green alcohol ink. the alcohol ink does not want to blend in with the glue so it made a cool slimy affect. I also put a scoop of the black soot distress glitter in there to make it speckled.. I turned out pretty cool  and disgusting looking at the same time.. but what is better for Halloween
 
 
I just added some more embellishments to the tag and then I was done with a tag I actually liked haha
 
I attempted to make my tag with all the glittered pieces like Tim's, but I just couldn't get it to work.. I was a little bumbed but I think this tag looks great too!
Here's some more pictures
 








 
 
 


ok so I hope you guys enjoyed!! make sure you have a great Halloween filled with lots of family and friends and of course.. crafting!!

thanks for everything and sorry again about putting this up last minute!! I promise to have the November one up sooner!

1 comment:

  1. Well if this is your idea of a last-minute improvised tag, then you are truly amazing! Sometimes pressure brings out the best in us and it certainly did in this case! I thoroughly enjoyed your post and adore the "slime" effect you created! The whimsical nature of this tag made me smile, but I also completely admired your attention to detail and the innovative ideas you came up with. Thanks for inspiring me and for sharing your talents with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete